Saturday Jul 30, 2022
Esports Sponsorship and Investment with Dimitris Farmakis from Greece
Today’s guest is Dimitris Farmakis. He is the Head of Esports at Yieldly and Yesports.
Our discussion included:
An overview of esports in Greece.
- What is the mission of Yesports?
- How do you recruit teams and streamers?
- Is language an issue in esports?
Investment in esports (and no, this is not financial advice – you need a qualified financial advisor for that):
- What types of esports organization are looking for investment?
- What are some of the different investment formats?
- Importance of talking the language of the investor
- What are investors looking for in esports?
- Are there alternatives to investment that can help esports entrepreneurs?
- Finding sponsors in unusual places – think outside the box
- The value of non-endemic sponsorship
- Is esports seen as a worthwhile industry to sponsors and investors?
- Who is a content creator in the world of esports?
- Is mobile the future of esports in Greece?
Platforms for Streaming Games in Greece:
- What are the most common streaming platforms?
- Is the government supportive of the esports industry?
- What more can be done?
- Should the Olympics include esports in their official program?
- The value of networking in esports
- How to use LinkedIn
Episode Webpage: https://www.gamerschangelivespodcast.com/14-esports-sponsorship-and-investment-with-dimitris-farmakis-from-greece
* * *
FEATURED IN THIS EPISDOE:
Dimitris Farmakis – Head of Esports at Yieldly and Yesports
* * *
Please subscribe to our podcast wherever you are listening to this episode.
Leave us a rating and a review if you like our content for others to discover what we are doing.
And tell your friends!
CONNECT WITH US ELSEWHERE:
Visit our website at https://www.gamerschangelivespodcast.com/ to learn more about our program, our blog, and sign up for our emails to be notified of upcoming episodes.
Creator and host: Tom Leonard (USA) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomeleonard/
Producer: Reginald Nsowah (Ghana) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/reginald-nsowah-09352929/
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Play Games. Create Jobs. Change Lives.
The Gamers Change Lives Podcast is a show about how to build an esports business from literally anywhere in the world where each week we showcase the journey of an inspiring esports entrepreneur and learn how they solved one particular problem that everyone will ultimately face.
I am your host, Tom Leonard. I have a background in entertainment marketing. After working with many amazing esports entrepreneurs from emerging markets, they inspired me to create a show to tell their stories so that others can be motivated to create their own esports business. Gaming and esports can create jobs tackling the problem of global youth unemployment. Creating jobs from playing games. What could be better than that?
Thanks for listening to The Gamers Change Lives Podcast!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.