Today’s guests are Chantal-Denise Ortega, the Brand Partnerships Manager at Galaxy Racer North America, and HER Galaxy speaking from Mexico City. And Xinmiao Zhang who manages game pipelines and projects at Tencent speaking from Shanghai, China.
Our discussion included:
How our guests became involved with esports and gaming plus with Women in Games
Women in Games:
- The goals of the organization: “to encourage, empower, and inspire women to join the games industry”
- The “Mothership” in the UK
- The two messages: encouraging women to join the industry as well as to help them reach leadership positions
The Asia Chapter of Women in Games
- What led to the founding of the chapter in Asia?
- The organization structure and the regions covered by the chapter
- What are the cultural differences between the west and Asia?
- How does language impacts the work of the organization?
- What games that are most popular with the female demographic?
The Ambassador Program
- What is the Ambassador Program at Women in Games and what role does it play?
- How have awards and events helped to promote the program?
- The status of women in the gaming industry in 2022 and the lack of role models
- Creating a pipeline of women to reach leadership roles in the gaming industry
- What is the Investment and Entrepreneurship Forum?
- Should the Olympics include esports in their official program?
- Is mobile the future of esports in Asia or has that already been decided?
The future of Women in Games
Episode Webpage: https://www.gamerschangelivespodcast.com/15-women-in-games-creating-a-pipeline
* * *
FEATURED IN THIS EPISDOE:
Chantal-Denise Ortega is the Brand Partnerships Manager at Galaxy Racer North America and HER Galaxy. She also does consultancy for business development and partnerships in the area of gaming and esports. In 2019, she helped establish FIGHT Esports in Southeast Asia - running esports tournaments in the region both offline and online and establishing partnerships with game publishers and online platforms. Chantal joined W Coffee in 2020 and was appointed as a Women in Games WIGJ ambassador in 2021.
Miao Zhang is currently managing game pipelines and projects at Tencent, based in Shanghai. She is devoted to promoting women’s leadership at companies and in society. Studied in China, US, and Italy, Xinmiao developed a strong interest in exploring the impact of cultures on different social groups and contributing to helping more women establish global minds. Besides, she also had experience in luxury fashion and management consulting.
* * *
Please subscribe to our podcast wherever you are listening to this episode.
Leave us a rating and a review if you like our content for others to discover what we are doing.
And tell your friends!
CONNECT WITH US ELSEWHERE:
Visit our website at https://www.gamerschangelivespodcast.com/ to learn more about our program, our blog, and sign up for our emails to be notified of upcoming episodes.
Creator and host: Tom Leonard (USA) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tomeleonard/
Producer: Reginald Nsowah (Ghana) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/reginald-nsowah-09352929/
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Play Games. Create Jobs. Change Lives.
The Gamers Change Lives Podcast is a show about how to build an esports business from literally anywhere in the world where each week we showcase the journey of an inspiring esports entrepreneur and learn how they solved one particular problem that everyone will ultimately face.
I am your host, Tom Leonard. I have a background in entertainment marketing. After working with many amazing esports entrepreneurs from emerging markets, they inspired me to create a show to tell their stories so that others can be motivated to create their own esports business. Gaming and esports can create jobs tackling the problem of global youth unemployment. Creating jobs from playing games. What could be better than that?
Thanks for listening to The Gamers Change Lives Podcast!
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.